Stewarding God’s Gifts for the Future
We come into this life with nothing, and we leave with nothing. God provides abundant gifts during our lifetime. We believe in the importance of returning to God part of what has been given to us.
When you consider or review your financial/estate planning, please consider making a provision for Grace and Holy Trinity Church. You can choose any amount – large or small – and continue to support the work of the parish.
Generations of parishioners have left a legacy intended for the long-term benefit of the church. If you name Grace and Holy Trinity Church as a beneficiary or make a provision in your will, please let us know. You will become a member of the Legacy Society and your name will be added to the list of members unless you prefer to remain anonymous.
As we add to the foundation of our church through legacy gifts, we practice meaningful stewardship of all the gifts God has bestowed upon us. Future generations and uncharted ministries depend on the faith of those who support the parish.
Some established funds exist that may suit your individual vision:
- The Twenty-First Century Fund: An anonymous gift in 2006 established this fund for the support of ongoing ministries and church operations. The Vestry controls and allocates the Fund, and must use no more than 5% of its value in any calendar year. The Trustees of the Endowment manage the asset.
- Grace and Holy Trinity Church: A gift naming GHTC as the recipient with no restrictions is used at the discretion of the Vestry. Traditionally these gifts are put toward major repairs and the work of the parish.
- The Grace and Holy Trinity Endowment Fund, Inc.: This fund was incorporated in 1947 for such uses as the Board of Trustees of the Endowment Fund may determine, including preservation and improvement of church property, support of church operations, and benevolent or charitable purposes. Please contact Barb Dodd or Duane Nettles for more information.
Planning your gift
If you are considering a planned gift, please consult with loved ones, professional advisors, and attorneys. You are able to designate your gift either to the general operating fund of the church, to the endowment, or to a specific area of ministry that is most meaningful to you. For further instructions, please see the Planned Giving PDF (updated May 2021).
Contact Barb Dodd at 804.359.5628 ext. 16 for additional information.
If you name Grace and Holy Trinity Church as a beneficiary or make a provision in your will, please let us know. You will become a member of the Legacy Society and your name will be added to the list of members unless you prefer to remain anonymous.
Legacy gift options include:
- outright lifetime gifts of cash, securities or other valuables.
- charitable gift annuities.
- charitable remainder trusts and charitable lead trusts.
- life insurance policies (by naming the church a beneficiary).
- retirement plan benefits and IRAs.
Contact Barb Dodd at 804.359.5628, ext. 16 for more information.