About the Church
The Vestry is a 16-member body, for this year only, elected by the parish at its annual meeting. The Vestry meets monthly, and each Vestry member is responsible for working with one of the goals of our Strategic Plan. Committees, such as Finance convened by Mike Joyce, assist the work of the Vestry.
The officers of the Vestry for 2020 are: Thomas H. Ewers, Senior Warden; Barbara Derry, Junior Warden; David Lewis, Register; Bill Shumadine, Treasurer.
Vestry members are elected for three-year terms. Together with the clergy, staff and all the members of the parish, the Vestry is responsible for leading the church into faithful discipleship in the service of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Class of 2021
Class of 2022
Class of 2023
Our strategic plan was adopted in December 2015. Read more. Vestry and staff liaisons to the components of the plan are:
- Spiritual Journey – Staff: Beth Melcher Davis.
- Children and Teens – Staff: Aaron Davis.
- Campus Ministry – Staff: The Rev. Kim Reinholz.
- 20s and 30s – Vestry: Thomas H. Ewers.
- Breaking the Cycle of Poverty – Staff: The Rev. Kim Reinholz.
During 2020, the Vestry will be focusing on eight areas: Hospitality, Parish Life and Fellowship; Small Groups; Newcomer and Visitor Welcoming; Volunteering and Engagement; Children and Teens; Young Adults; Communication; and Information. Each team will lead the Adult Forum one of the Sundays during the Easter season.
- Learn more by reading the Vestry Retreat Summary.
2020 Annual Meeting
Our Annual Congregational Meeting, which included Vestry elections, was held on February 2, 2020.
2020 Annual Meeting, Interim Rector Address
The Annual Convention of the Diocese of Virginia is held in the fall of each year. In addition to the clergy, your delegates will be elected at the March Vestry meeting.
Thomas H. Ewers, Sr. Warden
Barbara Derry, Jr. Warden
- Vestry duties and expectations
- Bylaws Concerning the Conduct of Vestry Meetings
- Governance in the Episcopal Church