The Vestry is a 15-member body elected by the parish at its annual meeting. The Vestry meets once a month and each Vestry member is responsible for working with one of the goals of our Strategic Plan. There are also committees, such as the Finance Committee convened by Mike Joyce, which assist the work of the Vestry. Bill Shumadine serves as Treasurer.
The officers of the Vestry for 2019 are: Darrell Alexander, Senior Warden; Thomas Ewers, Junior Warden; Rosalie West, Register.
Vestry members are elected for three-year terms. Together with the clergy, staff and all the members of the parish, the Vestry is responsible for leading the church into faithful discipleship in the service of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Vestry duties and expectations
- Bylaws Concerning the Conduct of Vestry Meetings
- Governance in the Episcopal Church
Class of 2020
Class of 2021
Class of 2022
Our strategic plan was adopted in December 2015. Read more. Vestry and staff liaisons to the components of the plan are:
- Spiritual Journey: Betsy Featherstone. Staff: Beth Melcher Davis.
- Boomers and Better Staff: Beth Melcher Davis.
- Children and Teens: Neely Dykshorn, Darrell Alexander. Staff: Aaron Davis
- Campus Ministry: Debra Cole. Staff: The Rev. Kim Reinholz
- 20’s and 30’s: Thomas Ewers.
- Breaking the Cycle of Poverty Staff: The Rev. Kim Reinholz.
2019 Annual Meeting
Our Annual Congregational Meeting, which included Vestry elections, was held on February 3.
The Annual Convention of the Diocese of Virginia is held in the fall of each year. In addition to the clergy, your delegates (which are elected by the Vestry) are Nancy Trego and Sara Jo Williams.