About the Church
About the Vestry
The Vestry is a 15-member body, elected by the parish at its annual meeting. The Vestry meets monthly, and each Vestry member is responsible for working with one of the goals of our Strategic Plan. Committees, such as Finance convened by Mike Joyce, assist the work of the Vestry.
The officers of the Vestry for 2021 are: Barbara Derry, Senior Warden; Jodie Pully, Junior Warden; Glenn Moore, Register; Bill Shumadine, Treasurer.
Vestry members are elected for three-year terms. Together with the clergy, staff and all the members of the parish, the Vestry is responsible for leading the church into faithful discipleship in the service of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Class of 2022
Class of 2023
Class of 2024
Our strategic plan was adopted in December 2015. Read more. Vestry and staff liaisons to the components of the plan are:
- Spiritual Journey – Staff: Beth Melcher Davis.
- Children and Teens – Staff: Aaron Davis.
- Campus Ministry – Staff: The Rev. Kim Reinholz.
- 20s and 30s – Vestry: Thomas H. Ewers.
- Breaking the Cycle of Poverty – Staff: The Rev. Kim Reinholz.
During 2020, the Vestry will be focusing on eight areas: Hospitality, Parish Life and Fellowship; Small Groups; Newcomer and Visitor Welcoming; Volunteering and Engagement; Children and Teens; Young Adults; Communication; and Information. Each team will lead the Adult Forum one of the Sundays during the Easter season.
- Learn more by reading the Vestry Retreat Summary.
2021 Annual Meeting
The Annual Meeting was held virtually on Sunday, Feb. 21. View the 2021 Meeting Resources, including the Annual Report.
The Annual Convention of the Diocese of Virginia is held in the fall of each year. In addition to the clergy, your delegates will be elected at the March Vestry meeting.
Barbara Derry, Sr. Warden
Jodie Pully, Jr. Warden
- Vestry duties and expectations
- Bylaws Concerning the Conduct of Vestry Meetings
- Governance in the Episcopal Church